Small Staff Issue / Rule Clarification

Discussion in 'Support' started by ZarathaenArentae, Nov 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi there everyone,

I joined the PVE6 server about a day ago, and I was up this evening with a guy I'd met on there, working on our home. Some random person named MelodyZE (or something similar, I didn't write it down) showed up nearby and essentially said nothing in reply to us for a good 10 minutes. Finally, when they did reply, it was in a threat because I asked my friend in different contexts 'Who is that guy?' and 'What do you think that guy is up to?' It turned out that this particular person was female, (which obviously, we didn't know, since she had a ninja mask on) and she essentially said in so many words "watch what'll happen if you call me a guy again." Normally this wouldn't be an issue, but it just so happened that this person was some sort of staff (orange-ish nametag). I wouldn't have taken much issue with the little threat, because players obviously do that all the time, however later on my friend (who was in and out of being afk due to watching a movie) referred once again to Melody as a guy, and she kind of flipped on him a bit, and issued a warning for 'gender discrimination'. It's fairly obvious to anyone with the details that my friend had missed her earlier tirade, and there was nothing 'discriminatory' about accidentally referring to her as male. A proper response to being incorrectly addressed would be to correct the person politely, but what we got instead was anger and disrespect.

On a secondary note, the same staff member told me that putting a vault door on one of the contamination bubbles at Off Limits was against the rules, and I wanted some clarification on that. I read the rules and didn't see it forbidden outright, but I thought that maybe it would fall under griefing or something. If that's the case, I'll remove the door when I get on tomorrow.

I apologise for having less than positive things to discuss, but I feel that rude staff need to be handled, because their actions can severely harm the amount of players who stay around on server, and therefore I figured it was worth bringing up. Hopefully in the future I'll have more lighthearted posts.

Cheers.

2. Hi ZarathaenArentae,

I just went through the rule book and I have noticed that there is no rule stated there on blocking off map buildings or roads, but I can assure you that it is against the rules as it stops people from getting into public places on the map. Most staff members know this and will destroy anything blocking off a map feature like a road or building.

I will ask for this rule to be put into our rule book so that it is crystal clear to you guys.

As for Melody's reaction to you guys accidentally calling her a guy I will have a quiet word with her.

Thanks for the report.

3. Theres a player on play here 6 Crates in Space and he is griefing all the bases that are there he destroyed my base and my friends base so please ban him

4. Please submit a ban report if you wish another player to be banned.

Regards,
    Matt

5. The door in question from my above post was a vault door, however I was curious - would a wooden door (to keep zombies from getting in/out as easily) still fall under that rule, as any player can open it?

6. Depends on the the Staff Member who finds it. Personally I find that fine as people cn stall access it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.