Server Lag/Timed Out

Discussion in 'General' started by Xiao The Potato, Dec 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I was on the server this morning, and to say the least I did enjoy playing.
    The two things I have to complain about are the huge FPS drops, and not being able to connect most of the time.
    Now, I usually get 50-60 FPS on singleplayer, 35-55 when I'm hosting a listen server, but on this one I get average ~20 fps, and about 10 fps when I'm driving a car. The lag spikes hit every ~5 seconds, and makes my FPS drop down to ~3 fps briefly.
    I do understand that my computer isn't the best, but there is definitely a way to lessen this, isn't there?
    Also, most (9/10) of the times I attempt to connect to the server, it times me out.
    Why is this? The capacity is far from full.

2. FPS drops may cause of the large structures on the server (specially the large number of torches and lights)

I don't know about time outs because I don't experience it. Maybe you are too far from the server, while I am close to the server.

3. That could be the problem. I live in the Eastern US.

4. #4 Xiao The Potato, Dec 9, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2014
    I just joined, and I apparently cannot pick up or drop items.
    I can see other players join and leave, and I can connect fine.
    Zombies also don't react to me for some reason. They don't aggro at all.
    Is this a bug, or is my client glitched?
    EDIT: On the third rejoin, I got it to work.
    The lag is still crippling though.
    Drops to 2 FPS every 7 or so seconds.

EDIT: Happened again, this time to another person as well. I can't pick up things, craft things, drop things, or get in cars.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.