Modules... How awesome is this??

Discussion in 'General' started by lsmith1437, Nov 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. "This week I've started taking the first steps toward a modding API for Unturned! It's going to take a while to refactor, clean up and document everything, but when it's done there'll be the potential for all kinds of awesome mods that would've been impossible before. "​

Really looking forwards to the anti-griefing implications of this!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Good luck with that!

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  3. Doubt it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. why doubt it?

5. Search for anti-grief on the forums.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I search for solutions. And this could be new, not some rewarmed RocketMod. This is could be a whole new venue. Even RockeMod for as good as it was, had limited ability to help track griefing activity. I'm hopeful that with enough hooks one could track/log which player/steam ID destroyed blocks that were under a claim flag, for example, or maybe some other criteria. This could be a way to access information that could make a difference. Given than rocket mod will be enfolded back under the umbrella of this new modding, plus much more, I have reason to hope.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Modules is new and it's an API. So, new a better things can direve from that. If I read it correctly, I think we can even make our own GUI menus.

Shop Plugin + ShopFramework = Ingame GUI Shop? Shows prices? No commands. o_o

Ideas are like endless and I'm all for ModuleFrameworks. :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. I hadn't thought of that. That does raise the prospect of having much better interfaces than obscure typed commands that have got us this far, as well as better ways to plug some long standing holes in game play. I'm excited for the game.

9. Well, if this is true and possibly will make it easier for hackers too, unfortunately. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.