Website

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheMutantHotDog, Apr 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Love the new website! Keep up the good work! :D

2. Also, I just saw the ban request by Legalius and I'm sorry for the horde beacon stuff, but I didn't see anything about it in the rules. I wont do it again, (also you cant pick them up anymore) so yea. Again, I'm really sorry. I don't know why the server was lagging and Legalius kept crashing, but if the horde beacon shenanigans had anything to do with it, I'm sorry for that too. (probably why Legalius didn't warn me in chat) Thanks for reading this and (hopefully) understanding!

3. #3 TheMutantHotDog, Apr 18, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
    IMO, horde farming does not yield an enormous profit, therefore making it not an exploit.
    I start off with a profit of -1000, the cost of the horde beacon.

I was using a honeybadger to kill the zombies. At 100%, it takes 1 headshot to kill all non crawlers. 2 Headshots for a crawler. Currently, low caliber military ammo goes for 50 bits per 40 ammo in the JPH store. I currently have about a 20% miss chance. So, with 8ish shots, i can expect to kill 5 zombies, if i hit a headshot 80% time, yielding a 17.8 bit profit. After the honeybadger degrades to 30ish%, it takes 2 headshots to kill all zombies except for sprinters, and 3 headshots to kill crawlers. The honeybadger has a 40% degrade chance, so after firing 235 shots, i will hit 30%. By that time, i will have hit around 500 bits in profit. Then, I will take 12 shots to kill 5 zombies, based on a 20% miss rate. So, my profit then will have dropped to 14.2 bits per 5 zombies killed. After the honeybadger drops to 0% durability, (75 shots later) i will have made a total profit of 750ish bits in profit. Take out the cost of repairing the honeybadger using 7 metal scrap (210 bits) i will have made 540ish bits in profit. I will have shot my honeybadger 310 times, and have killed 178 zombies. I will need to replace the horde beacon sometime n the middle by picking it up and putting it back down, resulting in loss of time. If we set the rate of attracting 100 zombies to 2 zombies every seccond, it will take 89 sec to gather 178 zombies, the total zombies killed. On semi auto,(because aiming) the honeybadger shoots 1.5 bullets per sec, taking 59ish secconds to kill all the zombies. I take 10 minute breaks between each 178 zombies to repair my gun(s) and buy more ammo. The time necesary to pick up the horde beacon is 15-20 sec, lets say 17 sec, so I earn around 540 bits in approx. 13 mins. I start off with a balance of -1000 because of the horde beacon, so I would make -460 bits in 13 mins, 80 bits in 26, 620 in 39 etc. 620 in 39 minutes is equivalent to killing 124 zombies in 39 minutes, averaging out to approx 3 zombies per minute, or 1 every 20 sec. That's slower than clearing a town, where you get maybe 1 zombie per sec. Also, I run the risk of going to far and spawning a mega, which takes a lot of time and effort to kill, while only awarding 10 bits (srsly?) If you are wondering why I tried farming horde beacons when I don't make an exorbant amount of profit, some guy told me he makes 5k per hour. Thanks for reading this super long post and I hope you understand.

4. oh its back to the old website

5. Sr. Mod Max removed that ban. The post hasn't been moved to the correct area just yet.

6. Ok thanks! And u got a promotion, congrats!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.