Storage limit...

Discussion in 'General' started by Ombu, Jul 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So i personally have not been effected by this but i might soon... i did not know rifle racks counted as a storage limit. Possibly Maybe that is a little too much, we cant really get good stuff without going over the limit when we play with our friends. Im aware on how storage limits can/will effect the servers but i think this is a little much. Im sorry, and i KNOW im gonna regret posting this because an admin is gonna get mad but i think its something that is affecting the comunity of JPH servers. I love JPH servers and the people in them but i think this might be much. the 1 car per base is also an issue but i think 1 issue is good enough for now...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. If 1 car is an issue, just get a bigger vehicle. I respectfully disagree. The containers cause server issues. I doubt this is something the staff even wants to have a problem with, but that's the way the world works. I'd keep your most prized guns on display and the rest in storage so you can use the limit more efficiently.

-Hank

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Thanks Hank, but i cant keep my most prized guns on display as they count as a storage. There is a max of 10 PER base and that makes it hard when im playing with my 2-3 other friends and we can only have like 1-2 lockers per person and no rifle racks, no trophy cases or else my house will be destroyed and thanks for be respectful and i have alot of friends i like to play with and i cant play with them in the same group because of this.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. I agree with Ombu, my base has been destroyed a few times because of rifle racks and i think its harder with friends when you wanna put your guns on a rack but you cant or else you cant have a locker

5. Yeah, I can see the troubles behind it when you have a lot of friends with your group. Especially when you see other servers where people have a million crates in their bases. Who knows. Maybe they'll find a way through it, that, or Nelson will.

6. Please stop with the useless polls.

Storage items, because they direct more data into the barricades.dat file, are the biggest offender, followed by ungodly makeshift vehicle constructions littered with fortifictaions and barbed wire, tons of spikes around bases that don't need spikes, barbed wire, barbed wire fences and illuminated light sources.

Here's the list of everything in the barricades file that ultimately crashes the servers: Everything that's not a structural panel or vehicle.

If you want 60 rifle racks we will clear 50 of them. There is no exception to the storage limit. We will also destroy useless barricades, barbed wire, tank traps, flares/torches/campfires and just about anything else that really does nothing to secure a base on the PvE servers.

This is a problem present since day 1 of the barricades.dat file. We've sent entire maps to Nelson with detailed explanations of the issue and all he does is add more stuff for players to hoard.

The time between resets used to be six to nine months. The last set of crashes requiring a full reset occurred just before the two month mark. PVE7 and PVE3 were taken down just three weeks after that reset because players didn't observe the new limits we had to impose.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.