Glitched Server log in

Discussion in 'Support' started by Blaze_Zap, Feb 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ok so I have been playing on PVE 9 for 1-2 months now and recently My Teammate and Myself haven't been able to log into the server because of a glitch that has been happening for a while for me but the is the first time for him I think it is the generator but I could be wrong, I assumed it was the generator because of the fact that it always happens when I leave the server with it on and I can't log in until it dies or I get lucky after a reset. if there is anything that could be done about it plz do it if not don't worry about it

2. We have failed restarts from time to time on the servers where players can't get past the loading screen, but that's usually resolved with the next restart two hours later.

A more reasonable explanation is the FPS drop that lighting in the area of the generator creates. The drop in framerate is due to the high load that illuminated cage lights, spot lights and torches place on all clients in the area. It also translates to a direct communication lag between you and the server. This would also seem to be supported by the fact that you can connect and play if the generator is off. An excess of active oil rigs may also contribute to lag that can prevent you from joining the game.

Seems like your issue is self-inflicted.

If the DemoTeam finds excessive lighting that causes slowdowns/disconnects for players, they will delete those sources of illumination.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.