FIVE THINGS THAT SUCK ABOUT THE CURRENT RULES:

Discussion in 'General' started by Delta_Bravo, Aug 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prelude: I enjoy the justplayhere servers however that's the only good thing I can say about these PVE servers.

1: Vehicle limit.
    ONE per group? How else are you supposed to store vehicles for another group? Or perhaps get lucky and find a vehicle that suits our needs. I understand there are limits for lag but I specifically stated in our sign that the extra vehicle in our base wasn't ours but it was compensation owed to another group yet both vehicles got removed.

2: barricade limit.
    Is putting a barbed wire/Metal plate perimeter around your base not acceptable? How else are we to prevent greifing?
    They can just shoot at a wall with a Timberwolf (1 bit per shot) and take the wall off.
    NOT TO MENTION that when staff clears something like this they do not compensate for the removal of walls. SO spending 5k+ bits in barbed wire fencing, only to have it removed effectively screws over the players. Players should at least be compensated 200 bits for every 200 bit fence they made or bought.

3: Greifing.
    There isn't any compensation in place for the greifed nor is there anything to prevent greifing. Only punishment after the deed is done. Bases aren't repaired. Goods aren't replaced. This also effectively screws over the affected.

4. Staff feedback
    The fact that you don't know what's been done to any greifers doesn't do much for the community. The player doesn't know what actions were done to any greifer or troll.

5. Base size limitations.
    These are not displayed anywhere, so no plans can be made to make a "Perfect" base to fit a player's every need.
    On the Official rules posted by Georgia (Good and helpful post FYI) include that 10x10x10 bases aren't legal, but 2x2x3 are what originally thought out. Georgia fails to mention what a good number for base development or barricade placement. Base development should be VERY detailed and thorough on how to build a base to max efficiency, how to place LEGAL barricades and how to prevent greifing.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Well for the base limitations the rules say 20 square units max! And it's well explained how you can get to that number. For the barricades i think the max is 0. If you think about it, if anyone can ruin metal walls with timberwolfs they can ruin a fence too...

On the compensation topic, it would be nice yeah but how would we prove that we had the items? And rebuilding the base would just take time from the mods that could be used to catch greifers...

Anyways i think you are right on the vehicles. I was at your base with you (with John) and i saw the sign explaining the van... they could have given you some time to give it or something.

On that note, if you delete a vehicle like that van, that had a sign explaining why it was there, why don't you delete the locked vehicles without tires or battery left in mountains and so on? i mean, there's a car and a truck like that just 400m from my base...

You should have a place where we could leave a sign with coordinates for things like that...

3. Without the rules:
    1) The servers would crash. As stated in countless other posts there is a bug in Unturned that Nelson refuses to fix.
    2) One or two players would have all of the vehicles and there would be no way for anyone else to get a "natural-spawn" vehicle. There have also been issues in the past where "used car lots" have crashed servers. Nelson limits the number of vehicles spawned on the server. Makeshift and kit vehicles allow that number to be exceeded. Build enough cars or spawn enough vehicles from kits and the server itself will no longer spawn vehicles. See #1.
    3) Bad behavior on the server is not rewarded. Staff clear violations. Storage and vehicle violations are cleared on sight. Bases with multiple violations will also be cleared. Warnings are a courtesy, not a requirement. See #1.

I hate to sound like a broken record but there are issues in the game that are beyond our control. The rules are in place to keep the servers playable.

Base size: 20 CUBIC units. Volume, not area. Storage: Limit of ten. This includes coolers, counters, lockers, plaques, rifle racks, sentries, trophy cases, wadrobes, wooden crates and anything else into which one could place candy bar. See #1.

Storing vehicles for another group is a violation of the grouping rule: One vehicle per base/group.

There is only one way to prevent griefing: Play single player. Even if you run your own private, passworded server where you have vetted every single player you allow onto the server, someone can still grief!

As for having a sign to post coordinates: Not necessary. That's the purpose of the forums. Post a thread or send a PM to any Moderator and they can clear abandoned vehicles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.