Domo the Theif

Discussion in 'Support' started by Deph Pyro, Jul 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So, this is my first time posting on these forums, and I very recently have had things looted from me and my companion. It was by a troublemaker whose name was DomoXd (I am not 100% sure on which one, if not both/neither, were capitalized in "Xd") I have screenshots on Steam, but I am not sure how to upload them here. This all took place on PvE 5 Yukon.

So we were building a home, and naturally, we didn't have enough space to carry our logs, so we had placed them on the floor, alongside various other construction bits and bobs. Domo had run along and nabbed just about every single piece before we realized they were there.

They were also in a group with another player. I took screenshots of both of their steam pages, just incase they re-appear in another case.

Edit: Shortly after they took our stuff and ran, they logged out.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Taking items off the floor is not a bannable offence.

3. I had never requested a ban. In fact. I forgot what request I was going to make, which was; to have the offender return the stolen goods, before it happens to someone else, because hey, they can only get away with whatever people let get away with. But I'm going to go out on a limb and say you're just going to reply with "Shouldn't have put it on the floor".

4. While you obviously have to use the ground as a way to pass items to an individual I would recommend always trying to do it in discrete areas when no one is around to take the item that you want to give to another. Also if you need to talk to a person in private or tell them where to meet the command /tell (name) (text) always helps.

In the command you don't need the parenthesis.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. The person, to the extent of my knowledge, just stumbled across our in-progress home by pure luck, as we were using group chat to talk, so there is no way Domo could have known where we were or what we were doing. Although I agree it mayhaps wasn't the most out-of-the-way location, they still should have voided it when they saw two fully active people building.

6. I see, well unfortunately like Georgia said there isn't an ability to ban a person for picking up an item. I for sure do not agree with a person snatching an item uninvited but not much can be done, just be careful next time. And as for people avoiding people usually that doesn't happen unless you are on a PvP server on PvE servers everyone is about walking up seeing what you are doing. Them snoopers. :)

Hope you have a good evening! :]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.