died to horde, server reset

Discussion in 'Support' started by boomhog, Oct 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ok so me and a buddy was just doing a beacon and I died to a spitter, np I can run back and get my stuff, well then server resets no in-game warning. Anyway I can get some of my major stuff, Ie my ranger sniper and it's clips?

2. There is a warning 5 minutes before restart and 1 minute before restart.

3. There have been a few time the servers have restarted without warnings. Hard to tell if I missed some of them or not, but there is at least one time it happened without warning. Maybe it was a server crash?

4. Server crashes are different from server restarts. A restart is spontaneous, and will display the message "server restart in 1 min".

5. But from a clients side would the user know the difference? If the server automatically restarts after a crash wouldn't it look like a server restart without warning?

6. What players describe as crashes are usually disconnects due to increasing ping levels. The message in that case is similar to, "The server has lost your connection" or, "You have lost connection with the server." Running a horde beacon, especially in an area with bases, storage and lighting or during a full moon, causes a situation where the game code running on the server can't keep up. It's just poorly coded. The ping can skyrocket and disconnect all in the area of the horde beacon.

When a server does an automatic restart it is preceded by a five minute and one minute warning. When the server shuts down the player will see the message, "The server has been shut down."

For a true server crash the player will be disconnected and no one be able to reconnect. That would be due to the barricades.dat bug. The last crash for the bug was back in the third week of May 2016. The server will show as online but no one can join.

For a Rocketmod crash, which occurs immediately after Nelson updates Unturned, the server will show as offline until Cory does a work-around while waiting for Rocketmod to update.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.