Why I am disappointed? (Should you buy a rank?)

Discussion in 'Support' started by ahlex_rull, Nov 16, 2016.

?

How well do you think your non-grief issues were handled?

1. Fine. Im not content but what ever.

50.0%
  2. Horrible. Nothing was fixed.

16.7%
  3. Great. I have no issues.

33.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. On Nov. 4th, a ban was placed for the top 30 richest players in the unturned server due to an bug on the release of unturned on that day.

To top that, I'm still waiting for my reply on when i'm getting my account back (or at least the status of the blanket ban) which tbh, this is getting ridiculous.It been well over 10 days (almost 2 weeks) and we aren't getting ANY feed back from the status of the issue. If it wasn't for me buying a rank (elite), i would have probably moved on already. The way the situation is being handled is not reassuring for those who are thinking of purchasing a rank on this server (which I don't recommend any time soon). Until this issue is sorted out, kits are disabled so there is literally no point in getting one until this is sorted out... which again... I still have no approximate time frame for. And there comes the thought of what happens when another similar issue comes up again and will they handle the situation the same.

I'm more disappointed at the fact that i'm not getting any feedback than the actual ban itself beside the "generic information" i get. I'm giving it another week before i give up hope on this server. If it weren't for a few actually helpful mods, i probably would still be in the dark about the situation.

2. The ban was put into effect to prevent further use of the exploit. We are reviewing logs about the kits. Ive been wondering when the kits will be fixed also. With the 2 recent updates they have been breaking the plugins. which was the result of the exploit. We cant give a date yet when the issue will be fixed but we are still working on it.
    -Butter

3. If you're innocent, you will eventually get your account back and all will be fine. The only people to blame in this situation are the exploiters and the ones who took advantage of the loopholes, not the devs, mods or the owner or the process in which they are dealing with these miscreants.

4. #4 ahlex_rull, Nov 16, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
    To Butter: Thanks for the info. I hope this gets sorted out soon. At least the others get to play D: I just want to play the game man.

To Karly Bones: I'm not saying those who took advantage weren't at fault. Its was just the way the situation is currently being handled that bothers me. For sure, if this ever arises again, I don't want to have to go through the same hassle. To begin with, there should have been procedures planned ahead of hand that can efficiently solve this problem. I mean if this happened in any other game where people were banned because they COULD have done something wrong without checking if they exploited ahead of hand or even following up for this long(unless poked at), you could get major repercussions. TBH, they could have froze bit transactions between the accounts while they were sorting it out instead of freaking out and banning the players until they figured things out. Which leads me to say that this whole thing wasn't handled as well.

I mean I'd love to be wrong in this. Please. If you can make changes in support and updates. Id totally appreciate it and maybe I wouldn't have posted this now. (If I'm proven otherwise, Ill totally take this down and change my review justly.) However, like I said, unless I see changes in how they handle problems...I don't recommend getting tied to the server by purchasing a rank.

EDIT: There are really helpful mods out there. This excludes them.

PS: Its been about 10 days already.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Just nuke the server already and watch for glitchers. It never rained in pve7 and it was due for a reset long ago.

6. You can, just not on these servers.

Fair enough

Perhaps, but I beg to differ. Why should they anticipate having to deal with people exploiting their only means of supporting these servers, which are paid for by the owner. The packs you can buy only pertain to these servers, and they are available to buy so you can support them. This happened on THESE servers, this isn't the games fault, or the dev(s), you can still play the game. Its on whoever decides to support these servers with money, knowing at any time they could be offline, not working, not updated, etc etc etc.

Sure there are better ways to handle things like this, but again, the server owner, and mods are not professionals, they are volunteers, and gamers like yourself, trying to provide fun servers for players. They should never have to anticipate such bollocks from players, whom they are providing a FREE service.

Nobody is arguing whether you are wrong or right. You are right to complain, as we all have that right.

Again, this is a free server, run by volunteers. Patience and understanding would do you good in situations like these, especially if you didn't exploit in the first place, then you have nothing to worry about. Let them figure out their problems, these ranks are still a new thing for them,and were bound to have problems crop up. I'm sure if you really wanted you could quietly go about getting a refund if you're really this concerned.

7. First of all: It wasn't the "30 richest players." The Dancing Kappa knows nothing and, though he acts like it, is NOT a staff member, no matter how much he tells players in the game. Whether he was joking or not, he's spouted enough on the servers that players believe him over true staff.

14 players were banned. Those who were online when the Rocketmod module broke and showed an increase in their balances were banned. Note that there were several exploits that could have been used. Until Cory can get all of the logs together it was best to stop those who were on-the-move. Cory and Keith are working on getting all of the server logs together. There are also other factors with the exploits that need to be addressed before any appeals will be honored.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. @{WC}PistolPete jesus, thank you. Thats all i needed to know. I just need actual feedback with whats happening and not sitting here waiting in the dark.

Ive decided to play on this specific server because my friends play on THIS specific server. :/

Hmm. I guess its just that I bought a rank then or the the idea that you can even purchase a rank that bugs me about it. (which probs doesnt make sense but yeah) or that I reached out to cory and he didnt bother messaging anything about the issue at all. (which im sure youll say he isnt always available to answer my questions) but in anycase free or not, you kinda expect that theyd try to do their best to handle any inquiries about the situation.

I dont want a refund. I just want to play with my friends who play on this server. T^T but i guess i have to wait more.... sigh.

9. I have never once said or implied I was Staff of JHP. I always told them i was not a mod. (Red name didnt help) People often assumed that I was because I was helpful especially during griefing crisis was more available than staff at times. I am not the weasel as I've so been called. I just tried to help those around me and make pve7 a better place. Someone once said i was the server mother lol.(Im not) I believed that if we made the server a nice place with a community feeling the residents would feel less likely to grief it and more inclined to protect it. I have posted ban reports both on forums and to mods in boxes all i was trying to do was help I didn't realize i overstepped my boundary. I am sorry about the misinformation regarding the 30 richest players. That info was actually passed onto to me when trying to get answers.

It may be a coincidence but I feel as if you do not like me for probably the reasons you stated above. First you took my training island. The rest is history. "14 players were banned. Those who were online when the Rocket mod module broke and showed an increase in their balances were banned." I hadn't logged in for over a day when the Rocket mod broke and only learned of it since the day after.
    None of this matters now as I am wiping my hands with this server. I wish luck to everyone else. I hope this gets resolved soon but as seeing the flustercluck it has become I doubt that is happening anytime soon.

To Note I also cannot recommend buying a donation pack. They take hours to activate elite gets a peacemaker with 5 rounds in it. They also didn't know about exchanging xp apparently, as thats how some of us got bits. Exchanging our daily xp for bits. 10k xp = 5k bits.
    Oh also as of this time Kits and Stuff are Disabled.

10. Actually, I can back him on that. I didnt logged in when the patch was release because my screen was punched in and couldnt get a monitor for it til the next day. I dont understand how there would be an increase in my bits. O_O

and LOL kappa. #triggered.

11. This discussion is over.

Feel free to contact me with any questions.

-Georgia

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.