Update your rules!

Discussion in 'General' started by LovelyChaos, Jul 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The title says it all but i'll still pass through my rant. (Call it anything you want)

It's pathetic that a while passed (6 months?) since the new rules where placed and we still don't have a complete sheet for them. You might say "Hey new player! Go check the rules ;here;!" but no one will guess that dying in pve and people picking up the stuff is okay, they might think otherwise because it's a pve server. How about spawn killing in pvp? How will new players know it's against the rules to place things in/on top of permanent structures? I'm sure that all the new players don't care about the forums and won't bother lurking in them just to see that you can't.

I'll stop here. It's probably not going to get updated anyways.

(Or you know, I might just be blind and not look at the right spot at all)

2. Valid point, but consider that if they did server messages for EVERY single rule, we'd have a lot of spam across the chat box.

3. Hank hit the nail on the head. We just experimented with join/leave/death messages a month ago. They lasted less than a day because no one could communicate using chat. If we posted every rule for every possible scenario we could go from restart to restart and still not list them all. :(

4. I don't mean in the chat box, I mean like in a actual WordDoc, where we click a link and we have a list of the rules.

5. Well, if they're willing to click on a word document they're willing to go to the forums and click the "rules" tab.

6. Okay, let me completely redo what I meant to say from the beginning. ( Because 2nd times the charm)

The current rule doc is incomplete. (Maybe even outdated, when was the last time it even changed?)

7. Ah. That makes more sense.

8. The rulesheet was updated in May, but that's the one that griefers always use to complain when Moderators ban them "without warning".

I requested that Sr. Mod Max make a rulesheet like the one you describe back after the last set of server crashes that required us to create the server rules we enforce today. The one sticking point is that every Friday Nelson makes an update. Every time he adds something to the game we have to adjust our rules. The 10 locker rule had to be changed to all storage becuase Nelson added at tleast five new forms of storage. After the vehicle plugin lost support we went back to having players place metal signs on their cars. We would still need that with a plugin or not so we know who the owner of the vehicle when the owner wasn't in it. Now Nelson adds the ability to lock the car (good) but then adds a method to unlock it (bad). This will be another rule change in the ever updated list for PvE server gameplay. If it's locked and you unlock it and jump in while playing on a PvE server, it's stolen and a bannable offense.

Sometimes Nelson makes patches mid-week that add even more hidden changes that aren't immediately noticed. Losing the ability to pick up hore beacons was one such change. Now how do you update rules with silent updates/changes? See the difficulty?

9. wait, you mean having 4 wardrobes + 2 rainbarrels is 6 storages now? if so, i have to clean up may base in yukon

10. I thought the third time was the charm.

11. As said before: We currently don't count fuel/water items but if you have something ridiculous like 20 or more of them, they will be pared down.

12. I understand the fact that Nelson updates the game every week (or so) but that is still no excuse for a very outdated rule set, just have someone update it every 2-3 weeks, not every 3-4 months.

13. I have a pretty comprehensive list here on the forums. Shall I snail mail you a hard copy?

14. Sure.

• Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.