The Future of PvE 3

Discussion in 'General' started by Amu, Jul 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm kind of really sad about what may happen. [Yes I know I'm still trying to get my ban appeal but that's now what this is about]. Is the Business district going to be destroyed? It's a very distinct part of what makes our server, our sever. There aren't any rules about public buildings, as long as they're away from towns and map structures, which the district is. And all of the bigger ones aren't bases. Yes I know I can't speak for every single person, but if in some way this development is a violation, I ask of you JPH staff, to at least give some warning or explanations so that the good people of PvE 3 can build our society to be something great. Much love, -Amu

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  2. It already got annihilated by pistol Pete.

3. Oh no...this is so depressing. Why aren't we allowed to have fun honestly? We were working together and formed a nice society and all this good stuff. I hope the issues get resolved soon enough. If they're so concerned about people lagging the server, why not just clean all the unused bases? There has to be some sort of compromise. Nobody was hurting anybody.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  4. Read the rules. Every base needs a claim flag. One base per group. That business district was comprised of about 50 various structures either without claim flags or structures sharing claim flags. Both are violations. Shared bases are not allowed, vehicle hoarding is not allowed. Sky (wolf) was the big loser here as he built many small stuctures with remote claim flags, overlapping flags and vehicle hoarding.

There's a pretty comprehensive list of base building rules here on the forums but, if you ignore the main ones scrolling in the server chat, the violation will be cleared by the DemoTeam.

5. The players who built all of those constructs were hurting the server and were in violation of posted server rules.

When players send us reports of violations we take them seriously. We investigate them and clear accordingly. Ping on PvE3 was at 150~300 ms ping and players were suffering from disconnects. This is the precursor to the server crashing. Once it crshes the only cure is a full reset where every player on the server loses everything. Which would you have Amu? Staff enforcing posted rules or "Nobody was hurting anybody" with a full reset every two weeks or less?

As explained ad nauseum in other posts there is a bug in the game since day 1 that Nelson has not addressed. Clustered structures and hoarded storage will kill the server. Cory, the server owner, developed these rules after investigation into the problem with Hanji Zoë, VGRoulette and me proved the bug to reduce the need to reset the server. Before the rules PvE 7, 8 and 3 lasted about three weeks before they crashed from "Nobody was hurting anybody" with 50 clustered structures and bases containing hundreds of storage units. Unfortunately, when the servers die players, can only blame themselves. Whether it's for failing to report violations to us to clear or buy committing the actual violations, the server still dies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.