Suspects on PvE3...

Discussion in 'Support' started by Thornhip, Sep 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm getting a bit tired of replacing walls & windows. For the second weekend I've been raided almost daily, and the target seams to be the car...

It started last week with a fury of rebuilding, as each day I had to repair the structure. I was playing elsewhere but did keep a close eye on other servers. Each time the base was griefed in the early evening, so this week I paid closer attention and almost got them on Friday the 23. Just as I was logging in two of them where shooting out a window, but they ran off before I could get them on video (shortcut key fail). I did a quick check of the last played with and there was only three names on the list, so two of them are the suspects.

The suspects are:
    TheColdCrushLotus, 76561197992786067, PvE3
    ClairityCasey, 76561198019495719, PvE3
    robotic_earthling, 76561197994727434, PvE3

Saturday was uneventful, but on Sunday I did logon early evening to find a missing wall and some slight damage. Not that it matters there is nothing stored in my base right now. Today though, Monday the 26, they where back. Both a window and the wall into the garage were "removed" and the White Van i had there was missing, which makes that the 3rd car I've tired to own on that server to be stolen (12 cars so far and counting stolen from me).

This appears to be their motive, they are targeting the cars.

2. Noted. Thanks for headsup. PvE3 is indeed infested with these guys.

3. I don't know these people and, I'm not defending this behaviour, but isn't a bit ****ty to start a witch hunt against people you only suspect of being a griefer? You have no proof or evidence to say these people did it, yet you're publicly ousting them as griefers on a forum thread that anyone can see. The better way to go about this would have been to report it directly to a mod via private conversation. Just sayin', this is a very unprofessional and dickish way to go about things.
    On another note, every server is infested with these guys. The motive behind vehicles is, at this point its now easier to find a vehicle at someones base than at a regular spawn point.

4. If there was a private way to do this I would have. This is not a which hunt and those are just suspects; they where the first three seen by Untuned (the client) on that server when I logged in, which is usually the closest players too you.

Whoever is doing this is not just harming individual players but the server(s) as a whole. The slow anger build of having my creations damaged repeatedly has left me fuming. It's not a loss of things, but of my time spent that's brought me to this.

5. There is, you can start private conversations with any member, staff etc of these forums.
    [​IMG]

It does not affect the the server as a whole, JUST YOU. Especially if you let it bother you so much, they are just virtual things in a video game, find another vehicle and move on. You can not expect everything to be there the way you left it, as this is an online multiplayer game and anyone has access to it at any time.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Eh, it's a bit of a stretch to call this a witch hunt. He's informing us of potential ill-will bearing players, not telling us to "go attack them" or personally attacking them in his statement.

7. #7 Karly Bones, Sep 30, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
    I didn't have to stretch much at all actually, I used the term to refer to the fact that OP is publicly announcing names of people whom he thinks are causing problems, without providing any evidence or proof. During many periods of time in history, people sometimes thought they lived among witches. Sometimes people would suspect a witch, and yell "witch! witch!" without any proof, or evidence, but since they did this in a public venue, everyone heard, and thus assumed the same.

Call it what you want 'witch hunt' 'name and shame' etc, its usually a pretty cut & dry, unspoken rule on public forums.
    He's telling EVERYONE, where he could have easily PM'd a mod, or someone who has permission to look into it / take action. Although I suppose my entire point with that is thrown out with the fact that ban requests / reports are public on these forums, and they are similar in that aspect.

Anyways, I'm not really that concerned about the whole thing, just thought I'd point it out. Carry on! :p

8. Annoying? Yes... Personally? Not for a long while...

There is a psychological attachment to things, real or not. We feel attachments to anything that we believe is an accomplishment. This as humans is a part of us. To argue "this is just a game" would defeat the reason for a survival game to begin with; to collect items to help you survive and thrive. Unturned is not a zombies shooter, it is a survival game.

When a new player joins the server and sees all the damage done, or worse yet gets raided after the first day, how do they react? The scream of injustice, on how the admins are "ineffective", that they have lost everything. It is not "just a game" to them. That is the damage, what I see it everyday in the chats...

Tell me, do you really think anyone would waste time building anything if it was "just a game" to them?

9. Re-read the OP... Still just suspects based on how Unturned works...

No interest? Why are you still screaming about a "witch hunt" while claiming no concern? It's just a forem post...

10. Still a public name and shame, very unnecessary.
    Screaming? I'm just discussing on a public forum, similar to what you are doing. I thought I was doing so in a very civil manner as well, I can scream if you want though, I can be quite good at it ;).

11. And in future I will post to someone privately unless told otherwise. I've proven my point and backed up my reasons (which are supported). I know you believe griefing is a "good" thing, I do not and I leave it at that. See your alts in video...

12. That is hysterical. You contradict yourself with "we believe", believe? Kids believe in Santa, some people believe in god, that doesn't make it real or tangible or worth anything. "Accomplishment", finding a car in a video game? Not all of us have such juvenile priorities. Humans are unique in many aspects, thats what makes us humans.

You said it yourself, regardless of genre, which doesn't matter and is irrelevant in this case, "It's a game". The things are still virtual and have no effect on your real life whatsoever, unless you make a concious decision to let it.

Everyone reacts differently. Most would learn and adapt and continue playing because its a video game and its for fun.

Well if you consider the entitled brats that cry over things like that, "damage", then I would have to agree.

Yes, all the time, over and over, for that precise reason " its just a game"

13. I don't know why you're so upset about me calling you out on this, but I'm glad you've learned a thing or two. You have proven nothing, which is why we are here. I don't know what your last sentence is getting at, it's quite nonsensical , but if its a threat you've just shown us all exactly the type of person you are. Good luck with that...

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. The tools of the mind are unlimited when applied to a task most righteous...

Challenge accepted.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. This Forum post has turned into a useless verbal debate that is at the very least unproductive. Consider this thread CLOSED.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Considered. Fun was had by all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.