Reduce the Salvage Time

Discussion in 'General' started by You_just, Oct 28, 2016.

?

Should the salvage time be reduced?

1. YESS

2. Naah

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello!
    Recently I built an amazing base on a three way bridge near St. Petersburg on PvE9. It had three sections, a cool archway entrance, and it looked amazing. And then the mods came and shut me down.
    Now, to be fair, I was knowingly above the 20-cube limit... but that's not the point. The point is I spent about an hour simply salvaging a small building, and it made me realize how painstakingly slow the salvage time is. Perhaps the admins have some legitimate reason to keep it like this, but I feel that the salvage time could be reduced immensely without retracting from the JPH experience. I understand that most of the mods don't have the authority to do something like that, but even so, could someone shed some light on why this is this way?

2. I agree it is tediously long, but I believe that is up to Nelson, the developer of the game.

3. I agree it should be reduced but... That is beyond our control. You need to complain to Nelson. Don't forget salvaging is still a relatively recent addition to the game. Used to be you had to blow up/break your own stuff and couldn't repair structures/barricades.

The original salvage went very quickly.

Don't forget that faster salvage time means a higher chance of being griefed. Griefers would only need to take a few plates and could leapfrog quicker than umbrella-ing down, chopping a tree then doing /home.

Nelson probably considered things like that when he added the timer.

4. I'm fairly certain that it can be changed in the config setttings for each individual server... I may be wrong, however.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.