Quite a downsize

Discussion in 'Support' started by Onigohri, Jun 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 Onigohri, Jun 8, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
    My base got squared off, pretty sure a mod did it. but there's a huge gap
    PoV2.jpg
    and my pumps (3) got destroyed too. I didn't receive any notice about it prior to it happening. That was a lot of metal taken off =A=;;

I sealed it off but ill fix it once i finish editing this post
    PoV3.jpg

There use to be a side portion, i have some of it in this cap of some guy stealing my car a few days ago
    Evidence1.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Later in the evening i heard that bases were to be made smaller because of the update that got messed up. But i would have appreciated if i were informed about it rather than just finding it.

3. It's not about an update that got messed up. It it about a known defect in the game that dates back to the beginning of the game that Nelson hasn't fixed. If we load a fresh barricade file the servers run smooth as glass but that would make for a lot of empty shells.

Structures and bases littered with any placeable objects (lockers, crates, refrigerators, sofas, sinks, countertops, stoves, gun racks, display cases, campfires, torches, spikes, barbed wire, barbed wire fences, tank traps, wooden or metal barricades/fortification, all door types, all plates and siding, and all light sources and... beds) are killing the servers. Storage items are especially harmful to the server performance because every item in storage must be tracked. By our count that's an average of about 20,000 items that need to load and unload from the client everytime a player moves within the draw distance limit -- whether or not the item can be seen. That doesn't count the structure itself, in-game items or zombies.

We've had to limit lockers plus other storage to 10 per base.

We're also telling players that they may only have one base per group -- no shared memberships to increase storage limits.

For the past month staff members have been on all of the servers clearing unused plates, panels, floors, etc. and placing signs telling players about the limits that we have to impose to keep the servers running smootly. I'd have to say that staff cleared anything extending from your base that didn't have pillars and walls on them.

Our only other option to forced downsizing is to wipe all of the maps again with much stricter rules and enforcement. :(

If you need some help when online look for a staff member in Teamspeak. ;)

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. I didn't know it was that bad of an issue. It was just a very unexpected thing to find coming back to. But i'm not even bothered by it anymore. I hadn't known about the rules of the locker limit but thanks for telling me! If we do wipe my next place will definitely be smaller. Granted this being my first week of playing the game ever (thanks to chara =A=) your server(s) have been quite fun to play on. If anything i'd go try a different map before a different server group, is it a group. idk, you know what i mean right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.