PVE7 my base raided and someone elses...

Discussion in 'Support' started by Vaga Bond, Sep 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So, I come on to see most of my stuff missing (my car isn't thank god) and a window was gone for some reason. Someone else in my area also got raided and no one knows who or how... can i get help please?

2. Dreams base got raided too.

3. I will wager... that it's remote detonators that are doing it. I was just at my base when someone blew it up on me. Loophole.

4. What do you mean by help?

5. Well, if there's anyway to catch the thief, get my items back, compensation in bits, stuff like that. I lost a large amount of items, like a grizzly, couple military assault rifles (like eaglefire and sabertooth) and a crap ton of raw materials I need for crafting.

Also, just today, the server lagged too hard and my 6 seater car exploded. I told Jack (a jr. mod) and he saw my car broken. I had gone back to get my stuff and I asked for help about this because I'm mad that the server lagged and I lost a 1000 bits worth of items and my time making that 6 seater vehicle. I'm asking for compensation mostly.

6. As far as compensation goes, strictly speaking we are not suppose to be compensation anyone for lost items, I understand the lag is frustration but we all run the risks of cars exploding when we drive, Unfortunately we cannot return any lost items due to griefing (otherwise this will become a vicious cycle of us replacing lost items for everyone), all we can promise is focusing our upmost efforts on catching the thief and dishing out the suitable punishment. Sorry :/

7. I still believe though this is mostly the server's fault no matter what. Honestly, explosives like Remote Detonators are still allowed to be used when they shouldn't be. Their benefits compared to the negatives (griefing) is just not good enough to keep it in. I'm extremely upset to hear that this server actually allows explosives to be used, especially since it's PvE.

Oh, also, I'd care less for items and more for the bits worth of it. Guns are pretty expensive and so was my 6 seater vehicle...

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  8. Those items are part of the game. Nelson is making this into more of a military blast-fest than a survival game. Complain to him. We tried an anti-griefing test and that failed when everyone started getting walled in.

9. Well, gg. I got raided, again. Two windows missing this time. I wonder why...

10. Vaga Bond, if ur so mad about it, ask dream to help, dream will help u anytime and plus dream have a few bits if u want ^~^ u are my nieghbor after all.

11. Thanks.

I'm really shifting the issue over though (but I really appreciate the help). The fact this server KNOWS how people are raiding and KNOWS how to to stop it but chooses NOT to do anything about it is pretty upsetting.

Honestly, if you know how to stop the griefing but don't try to stop it and don't even compensate players for their loss, I'd like some justification then.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Devils advocate here. We try to keep things as vanilla as possible. It's an experience many people like. As for compensation, why should we? Bits are easy to earn. Kill zombies, sell everything. Vote for the servers. You get 1000 bit's per server save for arena. It isn't hard. We're not gonna compensate for something we didn't do. This isn't insurance.

13. Unfortunately, if the windows are the ones missing then they did not use explosives rather high caliber bullets such as Grizzly or Timberwolves. (We can't ban those can we :/ ) As for detonators, they are part of Unturned's code, (even Mega zombies drop them). They are a viable strategy when dealing with Megas and we do host both PVP and PVE maps. As for Bits compensation. Jr Mods such as myself can't spawn in bits so unless you're asking us to pay out of our own pockets, theres nothing that can be done. Of course you can ask your fellow community members to help you out of course, perhaps set up a neighbourhood watch initiative. Beyond that I would suggest building your base in another location as it seems to me the raiders have pegged your current base as a easy target.

14. #14 Tactical Loli, Sep 4, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2016
    1. Anti-grief failed miserably (oh the terror of being bullied by large wooden plates that you cant break).
    2. Removing items from the game itself isn't something the server owner could do.
    3. Finally, griefing tools can't be purchased in the shop. (except hell's fury which costs 100k bits to buy)
    4. EDIT: I forgot to mention that bans work pretty well.
    5. EDIT: I also forgot to mention that players using alternate accounts to dodge bans are also permabanned

Raiders exist in all servers, PvE or PvP, JPH or not. I believe this is a well known fact so I've made my base pretty darn well hidden. The only people who know of it are less than a handful of people. (never been raided once)

You need to select the charge using the detonator with right click, then its unlimitted range for the detonator to set off the explosive. Placing it back in the inventory resets the selected charges and therefore the griefer needs to get back to the charge to select it again.

15. There is a range on the detonator/charge pairing... Most likely 300 meters. I haven't mapped it out exactly but you can go too far and lose the pairing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.