PVE-7 Down again?

Discussion in 'Support' started by matthew789_1117, Jul 23, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pve 7 always seems to be one the servers that always go down when it's not supposed to. It would be nice if you guys could inspect the server to see if there is anything that is preventing it form operating normally.

2. Yep. PvE8 and Arena 4 are also down. :(

Cory has checked the servers. They crash with nothing in the logs. Maybe you have some ideas?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. In my perspective, I think that it would be worth a try to do a clean reinstall of all the content on the server. Before doing this, make sure to keep a backup of the server in case something goes wrong with the installation progress, so that in the case that something does goes wrong, you can restore it from the backup. This is one of the best idea that I've been thinking of.

4. Up for now.

@matthew789_1117 A reset won't fix the issue. That would only tick off the regulars. It's a Linux/RocketMod/Unturned issue that causes the crash before any errors can be logged. Cory's been trying to trace the issue since we first saw it occur.

5. Ohhh I see. Well if that is the case, then I am not to sure about what to do, as I am new to the Linux/RocketMod/unturned server operating style. I think that if you were to change the server restart times from 6 hours to 4 hours may reduce server offline times as every server reset leads to many errors and glitches being fixed.

6. They crash anywhere from a few minutes in to just before the restart cycle takes effect. Restarts don't solve the issue, they only restart the servers. Cory's working on a crash-detection/restart script - but for now there's only manual restart (Cory only) or the automated restart at the six hour mark.

Honestly this is a no-win situation. More frequent restarts won't solve the issue. It means players are more likely to die in town after the restart, can't get back to their stuff before the restart, or lose that horde beacon loot from the beacon they almost finished. :(

7. Oh ok, that sounds good that you guys are working on a crash detection script, I totally understand how annoying it would be for players to die in-town, after a server restart. That is why as soon I see the 1 minute I will do the /home if I am not near a safe spot. Anyways, please tell Cory and all jph staff that I wish them best of luck on developing a crash-detection script.

8. Problem is: When there's a crash there is no timer. It just dies. After that the server reverts to the last good save. You may have been out of town but five or ten minutes earlier at the last save you were in the middle of town. When the restart occurs guesss where you'll be?

9. Probably in town, cause that is where the last save was.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.