No way to defend against raiders on PVE servers

Discussion in 'General' started by Nick Crompton, Jul 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So I play on PVE4 and I can't help but to feel that I'm defenseless against raiders. I placed turrets and wanted to test it, so i got on a different steam account and went to my base. Nothing happened. The turrets would not shoot me. So there is NO way to defend against a raider. I would appreciate if you did something to stop raiders ex: making turrets shoot other players that are not in your group (like the pvp servers) or maybe just buffing walls and building materials alot?

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Turrets will only attack players on PvP servers. Nelson is responsible for all aspects of gameplay as he designed the game.

3. Play pvp?
    Turrets will shoot players there. (Tested)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I think i said that already. :p

Learn to use and carry only necessary items/weapons that are readily available with you, keep your range from zombies, don't play inventory within zombie range, if you build a base keep it small and out of the way, either high in the sky or deep underwater, don't hoard tons of crap in the base, just one or two loadouts, have a plan to quickly suit up if your base is griefed. It's no different than having a fire escape plan for your home. If you have no fire escape plan or have one but haven't practiced, you're most certainly doomed.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Make your house a maze and put campfire on the trap of the maze so if the raider fall in there toast.

• Like Like x 1
  6. People blow through the walls
    ;)

And sky base isn't exactly safe either...
    Sky city died horribly

underwater base? (They shoot from land)

There is no EXACT base that can overpower all raiders, and spamming honeycomb won't work for this server so...

Go metal, keep it small, honeycomb as much as possible, hide some of the loot UNDER the base (replace one of the floors with a roof) and make it hidden. That's kinda my advice...

Or you can go riskier way of putting a normal base just in a VERY popular place, so whoever tries to raid will be found raiding
    (Old base of...Wasn't her name Jenny? or something? In Washington? It was right outside military base and people found the person raiding without them breaking even a thing)

7. Let me get this straight; so I looked through the rules when I joined one of the PvE servers JPH has up, and saw that the rules prohibit stealing/griefing, but what PistolPete says implies that we'll get griefed.

Is there nothing in place to prevent griefing other than spotting out griefers/thieves in the act? rules.png

8. This has been asked and answered a thousand times. Please search the forums instead of repeating the question.

Nelson will not remove certain aspects of gameplay from PvE. If he did the maps would be unplayable and crash very quickly.

There are two ways to stop griefing: Play single player or don't have a base. "Unturned is a game of survival..."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.