Car limit question

Discussion in 'General' started by techyCoder81, Oct 2, 2016.

Tags:
?

If you were a demo team member or a full mod, would you demolish a base for this? Just curious...

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

100.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So I know that there's a 1 car per person and per base limit. However, lets say that I have a base, and I have a car inside said base. Then, I find another unlocked car, and put it outside my base building, but still on my property, unlocked, with a sign that says, "use this if you need it, return it when you're done so someone else can." This would ideally function as a sort of ride-sharing program. It wouldn't last long, but It couldn't hurt, and it usually would help a few people at least before someone took it permanently (as they have the right to do so). Would this be a problem?

2. Just write on the sign saying it doesn't belong to the base that it is outside of, and that should clear up any misconceptions, the rest is gold. Just don't expect it to be there long. Happy gaming!

3. Normally we would place a sign in front off the base listing the violation and give you 24-48 hrs to fix it. It's not very often we destroy vehicles or bases without a warning or a chance to fix the issues.

4. So, based on your "Ride Sharing Program" I should get a plugin made and call it "Uber"?

:p

I was looking at this plugin awhile ago.
    https://dev.rocketmod.net/plugins/vehicle-events/

5. I dont know if its souch a good idea. It will spawn more vehicles and make the server lag. Players will have easier to find vehicles and hoard them. And my question is if it will spawn all kinds off vehicles like car, tank and helicopters

6. Not exactly sure about that as the server itself maxes it out at 28 vehicles, however, I'm not sure if a plugin can override that.

7. I guess it won't hurt and you can always remove the plugin if it doesn't work out as it wa intended. Just don't forget to back it up first ;)

8. That's why I usually test plugins before implementing them. :p

9. Its a great idea if it can be controlled. Which i think it can with the new staff members and the old ones. :)

10. Was here looking for something else and saw this thread, I'm running a similar service myself and since nobody else did I figured I'd mention that if you get one of the donor packs you can use /kit cars as "rentals" since you can make a new one every 24 hrs. This isn't really aimed at the OP since his car is a world spawn but someone stealing your car or running it off a cliff isn't a problem when you can call another, I don't spit them out like a free car dispenser but I'll rent/give out my trucks so long as I know it's a new player getting/using it.

Some might make arguments over economic impact or server stability and they definitely have valid points to make, my only counterpoint would be the infinitely small window of time in a new player life where getting a car or truck is game changing fun. In my observation it seems many of those inclined to grief/thief are new players robbed of that early "fun", frustrated by how cold and callous the multiplayer experience can be younger players will often lash out, sometimes a little nudge in a more positive direction is all it takes to turn a potential griefer into a future helper.

For donors ( or future donors ;) ) who want to take a pro-active role in manipulating the "health" of their server's general community running a car rental service or mobile loot wagon for new players is a great option, it does require some control and management as to not saturate the server with "freebies" but free stuff makes friends, if you can manage the megulls without getting angry or upset it's well worth the time.

One warning: Don't do it if you can't avoid making it personal, whether it's transportation or gear anytime you run a public service the people you meet are friends for freebies, not friends for life, as soon as they lose interest in the game they are gone and so is whatever you gave/did for them, it's just how it is, if that sort of thing makes you angry do something else, the people around you are watching you, if they see you get angry and they "like" you because "freebies", they get angry with the guy you are angry with... and his friends... small communities rallying around angry individuals who are all trying to help the community they are angry with is one way a server gets toxic.

Anywhooooo that's my 2 cents... /smokebomb *cough* *wheeze* *stumble out the window*

11. Id totally reccomend doing that... id be glad to be a driver! I already give rides all the time.

12. If the car is unlocked it's up for grabs. That's not an issue.

About spawning cars: Don't forget that no one could connect to PvE3 back in April when the used car lot sprung up just outside of Alberton. Anyone who came near got booted from the server and only the full reset cleared the problem. I think that was only about 40 cars. I couldn't get close Alberton, let alone the used car lot, before the server disconnected me.

13. What happens in the event we come upon a small cache of cars locked hidden behind a hill or something?

14. Blow them all up so they return to the natural spawn cycle so other people can enjoy them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.