Base size?

Discussion in 'General' started by LovelyChaos, Jun 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -- My personal opinion --
    - Bases should only be 3x3x3. Enough to place a bunch of beds and lockers.
    - 6 locker limit. You seriously don't need more than 2-3, even for a big group. ( unless pvp )

With these things said I don't expect everyone to be in agreement with me but I really thing it would help to have stricter limits on these things.

2. 6 lockers isn't a bunch of lockers. But i do agree with the base size.

3. 6 lockers is definitely a bunch. Why would you ever need to hoard that much stuff, it's insane.

4. How about 100 lockers? That's what we find. As for base size we're still working on finding a good balance. The size limits might change. Right now we're enforcing claim flags in bases to prevent the high-concentration clustering previously seen on PvE7 and 8. There are so many lockers inside clustered bases creating a huge instantaneous load on both the server and client when the contents of 100's of lockers gets transmitted to the client. PvE8 is running pretty well now that bases are spread out. We've also noticed that griefers are having a harder time getting into bases since they can't attach plates directly to a targeted base.

5. If each locker is used for different things then 10 is a okay amount. I'm not complaining.

There's people trying to make a colony in PvE4. It's cute but with slight frame rate drops where they are. On the note with lockers what will you do about wardrobes? They have more room in them than lockers.

6. 10 is not an okay amount, 10 is an absurd amount.

and any other forms of storage are just a workaround atm, people trying to find loopholes for the 'locker limit' which obviously means 'any type of storage limit' but people are playing dumb and pretending they don't realize that. Stop trying to work around the rules, and start playing smart. The servers can only handle so much and if you guys refuse to obey to the rules we have been given there will be repercussions. This isn't 'hoarders' the game.

7. I have the limit of 10 lockers in my base. Im not trying to work around the rules. I was mentioning the wardrobes because people will eventually find out about them if they read the patch notes or watch a video about the update. Im sorry if you think 10 is still too much.

8. The rule is "10 Storage units" per base/group. Doesn't matter what they look like or what Nelson calls them this week. Too many kill our servers. Excess will be removed. If you find a warning sign posted on your base I suggest you get into compliance. Most bases hoarding storage get removed entirely from the map.

9. 10 wardrobes is actually not alot when you think about the size of some items i have 8 on pve4 and they are full of stuff (2 food, 1 gas, 2 ammo/spare guns, 1 medical supplies, 1 tools, and 1 i use as a dump wardrobe) unless you dont want to have a cushion in case you die/cant find food due to amount of people on then 10 is the perfect number

10. I really don't know how to respond other than by saying the rules are posted and enforced. Excess storage literally kills the server for everyone. Those who don't follow the rules will, at the very least, find excess storage removed or, if the violation is severe enough, their entire base removed. This isn't a debate. Cory, the server owner, has given us the limits to enforce. Nelson has failed to correct a bug in the game with the barricades.dat file since day one. We enforce storage limits or the maps get wiped every two to four weeks without notice due to players hoarding every item in in the game.

The reasons behind this have been stated in no fewer than two other posts in much greater detail. Creating more posts complaining about that which we can not directly control, a game bug, does nothing. We can only indirectly psotponed the next crash by enforcing the limit. As Nelson continues to ass more items, storage units and vehicles the problem will only get worse.

11. with my last comment i didnt mean 10 when i said "unless you dont want to have a cushion in case you die/cant find food due to amount of people on then 10 is the perfect number" i mistyped i ment 6 because of people saying 10 is too many that you only need 2-6

12. Ah now that makes more sense. You can have a pretty nice cushion for a group with 10 lockers. Not every group member should be dying at once. If it's a good group then they keep some space in their packs just in case someone gets eaten by zombies. They recover the corpse pile and /home. The dead guy is out a bit of XP but keeps most, if not all, of his items. And for that one time when someone spams the "F" key and takes most of the pile, storage at home should cover one or two player's losses. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.