Base and map issues

Discussion in 'General' started by Jayfrass1, Jun 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Welp im screwed. ive been working on a base since the reset a couple months ago. About 200+ hours of grinding with the help of 16 people good to know that there is a limit now and it will all be gone in a couple days :( . The base is legitimately massive but there has not been any problem with the pvp1 server seeing that hardly anyone builds bases in pvp1, people that do usually dont come back to the server and it despawns after a week or so. I haven't experienced any lag in pvp1 do to my groups base if a moderator want to inspect it message me through steam. Steam name= Jayfrass.

2. Naturally I cant see what goes on in the files but the only reason we have lag on PvE5 is because people place countless fires all over the place. There is no reason to place 5 fires inside a building when it gives shelter. I vote if there are any rules in the case of Yukon it should be fires placed in the wilderness are temporary put them in your base fine but I personally think that would reduce lag. I have two groups that agree with me on this. Speaking of groups I don't mind cutting back on lockers but 10 storage per group base? There are a few groups with many people in it that I play with on the server if they were to have even one locker each it would break the rules.

Well I understand why the new rules are set personally I don't really care. There has been a lot of annoyance with this though.
    Also I've read people saying there were changes to the shop? What changes happened that I didn't notice?

3. Thank you PistolPete, my base requires some changes, it is near liberation bridge, but has a small bridge connecting to the liberation bridge, i'll need to move my base away from liberation bridge, also every once in a while items spawn on to my base from the feast drop.

4. Im curious if the size of the base and amount of storage for a player is limited when a player hits these limits what reason would they have for staying on the server? Now i understand that this is a problem for the server as much as it is for the player so my question is, when the problem with the memory gets fixed (if it does) what will happen then? Now one would assume that the limits may be raised though the limits would still be imposed therefor no solution to the problem.
    So back to my original question "what is being done" are there any donation pages or way for the players to help the server upgrade and thus making it so the limit may be raised again?
    If not this probably wouldnt be to bad of an i dea if you ask me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. PVE 5 is becoming quite bad, the closer I get to the coast of beaufort bay, the more lag spikes I experience. There are massive bases filled with storage and other clutter I imagine, covered in barbed wire fences etc. They have Loot blockers around the camps, and its just a general nuisance and a right mess. Its getting out of control.

6. Here is the problem its not an issue on our end but the game itself. There is what we call a memory leak issue in the game which when aggravated causes the high ping spikes due to errors being thrown at the server left right and center. No degree of upgrade will help the servers run any better sadly this is something SDGNelson (The Creator of the Game) would have to address and fix. Once these issues are addressed and fixed by the developer of the game then we'd be able to increase the limits to test and see if the issue still persists after they have been "Fixed" cause as we all know code is not always perfect so until things are more stable this is the only way to prevent having to reset the servers constantly which would wipe all buildings from the map. What would you rather have us limit the size of buildings and locker amounts, or constantly reset the servers every month cause they stop working for any given reason? There really isn't any good answer to this which is why we are telling people to build small for now this way if server resets happen you loose less stuff and doesn't take as long to get back to where we all were minus missing gear from lockers obviously.

7. There are servers out there that get reset weekly because of the memory leak. They do not enforce base size or storage limits.

We did a reset in Septemeber then one on May 2nd. That's about how long it should take before performance starts to degrade. Players building concentrated towns with 60+ lockers results in us delivering ultimatums on base size and storage limits. PvE8 made it just under two months before the memory leak killed it. Only a full reset clears the issue.

Once again this has been addressed in no fewer than three other threads. We can't fix it. It's a Nelson issue. If everyone who complains to us about limits would complain to Nelson he might actually address the issue. We've sent bug reports and entire map files from our servers, along with a very concise description of the issues, to Neslon.

Every Unturned server everywhere has had the same defect since day #1.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.