3.17.6.0 Update Notes:

Discussion in 'General' started by Cory, Nov 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BattlEye Anti-Cheat:

One week in and BattlEye has permanently banned approximately ~3,700 confirmed cheaters! BattlEye's been hard at work on improved custom detection features for Unturned and there's been a lot of progress on flat out blocking most current cheats. You can check if a cheater you suspected is BattlEye banned by the "Game Ban" visible on their Steam profile. Also note that if you skipped the BattlEye install step you can still run Install_BattlEye.bat in your Unturned/BattlEye folder to set it up!

Roadmap:

You might have noticed the last couple updates have been more focused on improvements than new content, and that's the direction I'd like to really go in for the next bit: upgrading/rewriting existing features, better graphics, expanding gameplay depth and as an indirect result improving performance.

The first thing I think needs an overhaul is the editor: if you've played 3.0 for a while you know it's essentially the same as 2 years ago when it first launched. The goal is to make it extensible, streamline mod creation, give creators more control and add new tools to open up to higher quality future content - for example the next official map I create.

I do realize the editor changes aren't going to be particularly interesting for anyone who doesn't use it, so going forward I'll add some fun new content with each editor update as well. Not to mention that the next community update map is coming along well, more info on that very soon.

From the editor upgrade I'd then like to start on revamping gameplay features e.g. repairing individual parts of vehicles like shot out tires, making item color a property of the item so that you can dye clothes or paint your bases, adding electrical wiring and power consumption, etc. There's a huge variety of updates to-do here, for the full list check out the Trello page:

View Roadmap[trello.com]

Update Notes:

Admittedly this is a boring update, as mentioned above in the future I'm going to try and better balance fun/new content with important improvements. If you press the terminal key you can see some of the editor features I started like window docking, partitioning, tabs, context menus, etc although a lot of what I worked on this week isn't visible yet. The inspector might already be slightly useful - you can double-click an asset file in the asset browser to view all of its properties/fields.

Additions:
    • Added basics of new editor internals and windows.
    Improvements:
    • Improved resolving circular module dependencies.
    Tweaks:
    • Tweaked assets to generate GUID when loaded.
    Fixes:
    • Fixed sending icon/news web requests in offline client.
    • Fixed [hopefully] loading BattlEye libraries on Linux.
    • Fixed scope draw distance and arena border depth.
    • Fixed backwards BattlEye IP/port information.
    • Fixed clientside BattlEye restart messages.
    • Fixed a few reflection issues when loading modules.
    • Fixed loading some server filter settings.
    • Fixed missing bullet/damage ray aggressor distance label.
    Asset GUIDs:

Right now with many mods installed you've probably run into ID conflicts. This instead will automatically assign a unique ID when your asset is loaded to prevent that, but it requires re-uploading your mods to the workshop so that there is a centralized agreed-upon ID. Multiplayer is setup to build a GUID <-> UInt16 table after connecting, however it will be a while before each system uses GUIDs instead of the current IDs.

Continue reading...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.