3.13.0.0 Progress Report

Discussion in 'General' started by Cory, Nov 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Several updates ago the idea was proposed to create a new map set in an American state and then split the different playstyles (hardcore pve, pve and pvp) into the maps that best fit them. Judging from the comments/feedback on that announcement post this is a popular idea, so earlier this week I began working on the new map and tweaking PEI/the Yukon.

Here are the current plans for what to do with the maps (Although definitely open to suggestion!) and some questions to get some more feedback:

PEI:
    In 3.13 right now I'm moving this more towards the survival end of the spectrum by doing things like removing player spawnpoints from the military bases, moving the police checkpoint to the airport, reducing the spawnrates of guns and ammunition and getting rid of extravagant fortified locations like the crashed helicopter, submarine and Scorpion-7 (Moved to the American map). How would you like to see it changed? What would you like to see fill in where Scorpion-7 was?

Yukon:
    For 3.13 I haven't planned any changes for this map yet, although in the future I agree it would be nice to expand the temperature system beyond simply whether you have clothes or not. How would you like to see it changed or made more difficult to survive on?

American State (which state undecided):
    This is definitely on the combat side of the spectrum with many more fortified locations like an evacuation zone constructed by the military, destroyed military convoys and military encampments set up to help protect the populace. It also has some cool locations to visit like a racetrack for fast vehicles or a golf course great for building bases. What sort of things would you like to see in this map? Are there any content additions you can think of that would fit well into this map?

If we're lucky 3.13.0.0 will be ready for next Friday (the 18th of September), but there's still a lot to do so if not there will be a progress report to let you know.

Continue reading...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.