Severe Lag Issues

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 8-Bit, Mar 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Me and many other players [can be seen in the past weeks chat logs] have been having major issues with the timing being way off from client to server. I have a new built computer and ultra high speed internet. my ping starts off at 80 and doesn't visibly change in the debug text until its too late. too many times have I and other died because of enemies that simply aren't there. The griefing and foreign languages spoken on this server are about what I would expect from a server that is not fully funded but simple cache clearing maintenance should never be overlooked.

I main PVE8 and PVE 7

the last time I checked also 7 is completely broken. it started when players couldn't stand back up after going prone and now I can even sell my bits there to get them on 8.

2. We notice. I've died on PVE1 at least five times from invisible zombies created by lag and a few times when the FPS dropped to one or less. As Nelson adds more features to the game the bloat continues to grow. The overhead of more items in game, and correspondingly in the database, coupled with twice as many zombies going twice as far and dropping twice as much loot, is compunded when more than one server runs on the same computer. :(

Another (unrelated) game I play online has servers maintained solely by the game provider. The server farm provides a single contiguous world. The database of items and number of players there became so large that the company installed the latest solid state drives in every server because standard platter drives could not keep up with all of the changes. Unturned should not be that way but it doesn't appear that overhead reduction is a high priority.

We know PVE4 and PVE7 have issues with placing structures and are working on finding the offending bug.

Could you better define the bit issue with PVE7 and PVE8?

3. Hi,

We have many cases where this has happened in the past and infact it was because of a loadout on a certain zombie was broken,

If not the case I recommend to restart your game,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.