Raided in Seatle.

Discussion in 'Support' started by SastusBulbas, Apr 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 SastusBulbas, Apr 13, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
    Been off a day or two, came onto Seatle today.

Metal base has been raided, raiders removed 4 metal door frames, 10 metal wardrobes, a metal hatch, my bed and my crops.

You have to ask, just how much resources does it take to destroy so much metal. Because I spent 10k+ on resources, used Matamorez ammo, home made grenades, normal grenades, and managed to blow a pine plate I built but not open a locker I placed, that the servers allow anything capable of destroying a metal locker and wall in what must be a cost effective manner is laughable, as is anyone saying they need such destructive power in a PvE environment.

It certainly isnt fresh average players spending thousands of bits on the resources required to destroy such as above when the gain is less than the expendature, and it's not the honest players wanting to enjoy PvE against the environment complaining about keeping the ability to grieve.

Edit. Im that peeved off at the server inexperience, I actually dehydrated to death in my raided base, elite character maxxed on XP and with full loadout of my favorite kit, what a laugh.

Just left the game game running, cant spawn back in my base as the bed is gone, no back up inventory to re-equip as my lockers are gone. No spare XP in my library.

You ever wonder why the servers are poorly populated and only have small handful of regulars who are against anti grief? Why your servers have such a high turn around of new inexperienced players creating more work for admin as they come, get disheartened by the experience on justplayhere and leave their unfinished raided bases and go elsewhere?

Probably too much work thinking about that one, but it has a direct correlation as to why hardly anyone is spending real money on the servers.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. 1) Which server?
    2) Rough position of the base?
    3) Any griefer material around it?

If you dehydrated that, unfortunately, isn't our servers. That's all Nelson, the game developer, and a lack of attention to your status bars. I understand you were distracted by the matter at hand but aside from the feasts, shop and kits the server is running plain vanilla. Spawn cycles, health degradation, oxygen deprivation, all of it is stock/plain vanilla. We don't alter anything from Nelson's defaults.

Anti-grief does not work as you might think. It's good for one or two servers that have 20+ staff to remove junk around the clock. We would need about 240 full staff members to police the servers around the clock. That's just not happening.

Go read the other post where we tried it. If you want the maps fully reset every couple of days, meaning everyone loses everything, then yes, we'll turn anti-grief back on.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. #3 SastusBulbas, Apr 13, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
    Hi Pete,

No worries, I had judged the replies you were going to make already hence no details, I wasn't expecting any help.
    Advice such as build somewhere hidden where grievers will just have more privacy and less chance of being reported. The reasons for no anti grief even though 240 staff is a bit much.
    I play a different time zone I think because rarely do I see more than 4 players if any over the three PvE servers I play on. But clearly the work involved in anti grief outweighs the work involved in getting annoyed at players who get annoyed at grieving.

I have been raided a few times, it is frustrating, and it wont matter where I put a base, how I build it and what I store.
    If the cost of resources raiding outweigh what I store what is their point?
    Why are they even given the tools to raid?
    It does not matter because clearly for those players raiding bases the costs are not an inhibiting factor and the rewards within this server group are sufficient eboough for them to continue.

See it sort of points to them not being new players but experienced members of the community with the resources to spare and make it financially viable?

My metal base resides at the side of the main road between Arlington farm and Paradise point, over the back from Tacoma, sort of in the middle. I actually store little, as it's pointless if a core group of players can detroy anything they want with impunity.

That actually I do find amusing, because anti grief or not, it takes me quite an effort to destroy a large pine plate on PvE, if it's in a mili base and im stuck behind a sandbag or plate the majority of players dont have the means to destroy that.
    Occasionally yes, but who on PvE carries enough large explosive devices or high damage weapons that are loud and with enough ammo capacity to remove 4 metal walls, 10 metal lockers etc.
    Who needs to carry or be able to purchase the means to destroy a handfull of metal doorways/walls/doors and 10 metal lockers when the cost of such a raid is usualy more than the return for what can be stored in the lockers?

An example. A metal wardrobe, I emptied a 100 round drum into it, two Matamore boxes, a handfull of mili grenades, and spent 10k+ on bits making handmade grenades out of cans n nails n explosives and still I never broke that wardrobe.

So just what is the requirement to break 4 metal doorways, a metal hatch and 10 metal wardrobes that is so economically viable?

Dont get me wrong, the justplayhere servers are very fun to play on, generous feasts, a shop, and bits for killing zombies, I just get infuriated when hours of my work are destroyed and my inventory removed by a player with the means to something that I just dont get the need for on a PvE server.

I'm not here to wind you up, I just got frustrated at yet again another raid and hours of play wasted. Most of the above is just venting. I'm not an admin, your not even recruiting admin, and I doubt the rewards for being an admin are worth the effort on these servers, there is obviously a lot more to running the servers and policing and the cost of such server tools like anti grief being implimented than a player like me understands.

Anyway I know, no anti grief, it happens etc, but thankyou for the previous reply.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Certain weapons do more damage than other on barricades and structures. Bluntforce is good for clearing plates left behind or blocking spawns. Won't go into the other stuff. ;)

5. Well on a positive note, with the location there is plenty of scrap metal to mine, and with so many frequent feasts it's quick to recoup much inventory or get a few bits together to replace an item.

I'm too much of an old dog with my inventory set up, rather mundane lol. but it's PvE and I aproach much of it in a safe boring manner :D

Medkit on 3, dressing 4/5/6 vaccine on 7, two purification, a blowtorch, gps and tac light in my hands, a few drum mags, few meals, pickaxe on 2, two mask filters. Umbrella on 8. Optional. Chainsaw and gas can.

Beret or toque, gasmask, alicepack, thief trousers and top, spec op vest or whats laying around. Dependant on server and availablility.

Honeybadger on 1 with vert, tactical, Kobra and drum, sometimes a cross or chevron as a backup scope if I'm skiling a charater and playing safe lol. Used to use Maplestrike irons on the Badger just to be different, black skin.

Even my houses were pretty much the same mundane layout these last couple of years :) only change being from Indigo to Lettuce. Not much has changed with PvE to warrant change.

Other than the occasional getting wound up at grieving and walking out my front door and being mauled by bears the servers have been great.

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.