Pistolpete Admin abuse

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Arena, Jun 23, 2016.

Tags:
?

De-adminize?

Poll closed Jul 1, 2016.
  1. Yes keep admin

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. No keep admin

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No does not keep admin

4 vote(s)
    80.0%
  4. ****YES KEEP PETE

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pistol Pete banned two of my friends today because of "griefing" and kicked one for "threating" him on a PvE server which should be considered a joke, but he banned them anyway and I accidently hit enter while joking in our group chat and it said someone was attacking our base.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Rotten Rotten x 1
  2. Names of people: SpongeGar- Dagerelf (dagerelf was clearly posted on our sign for our home he lived there and was building our friend up)

• Like Like x 2
    • Rotten Rotten x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  3. meant to put Yes remove admin

• Rotten Rotten x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Sexy Sexy x 1
  4. and now he banned me

• Like Like x 2
    • Rotten Rotten x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  5. Spongegar was kicked for saying he was going to kill me. Since we had no prior interaction that would lead me to believe the statement was game related, I took that at face value. That's a chat violation that usually gets a one day ban, but I made the exception and simply kicked him.

You then did a fine job of calling out Spongegar for griefing as he plated up to a base. Dagerelf was helping him. I made the mistake of trusting your word. I watched them plating up to the base and took several screenshots over several minutes. I then banned them for add-on griefing.

After the bans were placed you said that you were joking in chat and hit the enter key on the griefing call by mistake. Well, not only did you hit the enter key by mistake, but you typed the entire line calling out the griefing. That's more than a mistake.

Why were they plating up to a base from outside the claim flag radius? Spongegar wasn't in the group. So look at what I have to go on... You call out a griefing report, I watch the players acting just like griefers for several minutes, during which time you could have said you were joking -- but you didn't, and when I ban them like a good Moderator... You and Huggable Zombie call foul. Huggable Zombie was kicked for staff disrespect for continuing the admin abuse calls in chat when you perpetrated an incident that lead to two innocent players being banned.

I have unbanned them for your lie, however, you are banned for three days in their place. Staff does not take false reports of griefing lightly. You prevented us from doing our job of checking on other players and moderating our servers with your little "joke".

• Like x 1
    • Rotten x 1
    • Dislike x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
  6. :oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops: I secretly love you bb

7. jk asshat

• Rotten Rotten x 2
  8. Lel. I'm new to unturned, so I really don't know anything about any servers, some of my friends invited me to play so I installed it and they recommended me to your server. I see you and I had no idea you were an admin, and jokingly (quite obviously if you ask me), said "pistolpete give me all your stuff or i'll kill you :3" which this is on a PVE server. You then kicked me from the game for threats, which I guess is understandable, and to be quite honest, both my kick and ban were understandable. However, you don't believe Arena when he said it was a joke, and I do understand that jokes of that nature are not taken lightly. dagerelf was helping me up, but we were all in a call because we are friends irl. I probably won't be playing on the server for what happened, because we are all together, it is pretty obvious we are friends, they were in the process of adding me to the group in the game, but they weren't able to before pistolpete kicked me at first, then banned me from the server, before this happened, my friends played and enjoyed this server, mostly because they suck at the game and only play PVE so they don't die constantly, we will definitely be looking for a new PVE server, and we most definitely will not be recommending this server to anybody else.

• Like Like x 1
    • Rotten Rotten x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  9. ^ Damn strait nigga

• Rotten Rotten x 2
  10. MAC329 aka Spongegar: You were unbanned as was Dagerelf once it came out that Arena posted a false griefing complaint in World Chat. He had plenty of time to type in chat that it was a joke gone wrong after calling for an admin to address griefing. He did not type anything until you and Dagerelf were banned for plating up to a base.

Arena was banned for calling out that report in World Chat because it resulted in two bans on what turned out to be innocent players.

I'm sorry that you were offended when staff took appropriate action based on the information on hand. I'm sorry that you're offended by the corrective action taken when additional information came to light. You and Dagerelf are able to return to the servers, however, realize that what you post in chat, especially when it is a call for staff, is taken seriously.

Jokes about griefing, stealing and other bannable offenses should never be posted in chat.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. Okay, that is all understandable, but when I say "pistolpete give me all your stuff or i'll kill you :3" on a PVE server is that really considered a kick-able joke? That's like me saying in real life "give me your lunch money" it's just a joke, and an obvious one at that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Rotten Rotten x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  12. wow okay messing up someone's thread is totally cool Pete

• Like Like x 2
    • Rotten Rotten x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. Also, yesterday I mentioned I didn't know you are an admin, even if I knew you are admin I still would have said that, that's just because I'm a light-hearted person, I use anything as a joke, no matter how bad the situation, I try my best to make any situation a good one, I said that to provoke laughter from everyone, If I knew you would have been a hard-ass about it (excuse my language) I most definitely would not have done it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Rotten Rotten x 1
  14. Oh pete? btw why were you trolling us before this situation you put a claim flag while we were clearly building our base?

• Like Like x 2
    • Rotten Rotten x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  15. Wow Pete, I honestly didn't think someone could be so immature, lmao. You've ruined any experience I may have had with unturned, but that's okay. But to go as far and change the poll is hilarious, I thought admins/mod/staff were supposed to be mature, accepting, respectful, and all in all nice/forgiving. I am curious of your age, if you don't mind.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Rotten Rotten x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. PistolPete instead of banning people for joking around actually do your job and stop people for raiding or destroying peoples base. PistolPete and "innocent" people playing this game? this is a shooter were you kill zombies and other players and its impossible to even threaten someone seriously on a PvE server.So i can up to you shooting my gun would you kick me because i was threating you?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  17. okay for example when you put the claim flag down, we couldn't do anything to remove it except destroy it which would be griefing and you could of banned us but why would you put that right next to where we were clearly building a base other than the reason to troll? we have no power to do anything it was a dictatorship and we can't stop it. Imagine this: if I were to wander around find your base (an admin base) and notice you didn't have a claim flag place it hidden away and then you come and notice it you would (knowing your immature nature) ban or kick me immediately no hesitation or questions? now no offense to anyone in this amazing (till I met you) organization did you have to bribe to become a mod?

• Like Like x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Rotten Rotten x 1
  18. Oh btw Pete I was looking on the rules and I saw that threating people is not a punishable rule. so first of all spongegar should not of gotten kicked. and second of all for my joke witch was accidental you should have given me a warning it says that quite clearly in the rulebook. oh and the only piece of evidence you have against me is accidental chat trolling and apparently fighting with a mod. both of these have the highest server warning of 24 hour ban.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Rotten Rotten x 1
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Rotten Rotten x 1
  19. Okay, pistolpete made another account to hate on us, wow. :p

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Rotten Rotten x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.