Insufficient Evidence Exploiting

Discussion in 'Insufficient Evidence' started by Legalius, Apr 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 Legalius, Apr 16, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2016
    player: TheMutantHotDog
    PvE1
    using the horde beacon to gather all zombies in an area to one area then picking up the beacon. Killing the now weakened zombies for massive bit gain with no threat to himself. Though he ran out of range for it to despawn. I know its a PvE server, but this is serious exploiting. My game crashed and I was unable to get in, but i will post more when if I see it. The horde beacon may be lagging the server as well.
    http://imgur.com/a/tQguy

Edit: and it continues. http://imgur.com/a/3CACm

(Also, can someone fix my Mod tag, not that I don't want to be a mod again because I do, but its led people to pester me on steam)

2. Hi,
    I have informed Cory about your Mod Tag so hopefully that should be corrected soon.

I will also inform Cory about the Horde thing and see if we can disable it.

3. Thanks for the report. The player has been ban accordingly.

- Kind Regards

4. This player has been Perm Banned.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  5. I've taken care of your Mod tag however we would like you to return if you are up for it! :D.

As for the player, we cannot simply disabled a "Vanilla" item from the game unfortunately. I've considered taking the item out of the shop none the less.

Due to a miscommunication and an improper punishment given the player has to be "Let off the hook" for his exploiting. However, if proper evidence and a proper punishment is given the player will be dealt with accordingly.

Thanks,
    Max

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Max Mr meaty received a perm ban from Harry due to repeat offences, of griefing

7. Griefing is not the equivalent of Exploiting as per our rules and regulations.

8. No he recieved 3 bans for greifing as I am told, he was perm banned after this happened i think but you will have to talk with pete and Harry as they were the ones who delt with it

9. I'm wondering how MrMeaty8's permaban got dragged into this thread...

This was about TheMutantHodDog being permabanned for doing what everyone else was doing in the game: Placing a horde generator then picking it up. Plain-vanilla server activity. Jr. Mods, Mods and Sr. Mods were all doing this along with the players in the game. The lag that is causing Legalius to disconnect is not from the horde generator alone but from all of the stuff that Nelson has been adding to the game without polishing the underlying code.

Everyone, and I mean everyone, gets high ping and disconnects before, during and after a full moon and even after a server restart. Adding more zombies, more loot and now -- faster zombies, places a huge load on the server. The server will process in-game actions before sending network traffic. This is what's causing the high pings. Nelson even added a little notification in the corner that lets you know you aren't receiving infomation from the server. It's too busy calculating to bother communicating with players.

Log in on a bright sunny day and the abandoned structures, 1000's of campfires and huge skybases add more to create the low FPS and lag than a single horde generator ever could. I've tested and confirmed this independently on a one-Unturned-instance-only dedicated server.

I have also confirmed that the horde generator dynamics were changed in a behind-the-scenes Unturned up date just as this request was posted. One can no longer pick it up. You must complete the wave, destroy the generator, disconnect or die before it despawns.

10. CptKev you definitely have TheMutantHotDog confused with MrMeaty8. TheMutantHotDog did nothing wrong with the horde beacon as Max has confirmed.

11. This is TheMutantHotDog's steam64ID: 76561198287051898. Please compare that to MrMeaty8's. They are not the same.

12. I have unbanned him

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.