Do Sentries Count Towards The Stotage Limit?

Discussion in 'General' started by Godly~Warrior~SebKing1213, Aug 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I had a previous thread that was closed down even though I still had questions. I want to adhere to the rules of the server and know what the line is. Sometimes it seems things should slip by the rules or are gray area.

I would like to know if a sentry counts as a storage unit. I was told by Hank Hill I believe, that anything with storage spots at all counts as storage and towards the 10 container limit.

However a sentry has a multi purpose and I would like to install some for protection against people when I cannot be there at my base. I noticed that Sentries have storage space, but that is so they can be given a gun to be functional.

So now I am here asking if a sentry counts as storage or if I can actually use it as a functioning defense system, WHICH IT IS. Even though it technically has storage spots in it which defines it as storage. Which would completely disallow some thing which should be apart of the game.

Thanks once again guys, I hope I'm not getting annoying because I might just find another issue that I will ask about.

2. anything that can store a candy bar = storage

this includes rifle racks, coolers, fridge, sentry, and any other junk you might find to store a candy bar in

otherwise, people would be building 50 sentries for the purpose of storing their glue, cloth, scrap, tools, and whatnot

3. 5 sentries, 5 metal wardrobes. Protected storage. :p

4. Well I think that they should be allowed and shouldn't count towards the storage limit. It has the smallest storage in the game and has an actual function.

I think you should be allowed Sentries but when staff come online if they see a sentry with anything but a gun loaded in it they can take the gun and destroy the sentry. Maybe just create a 3 sentry gun limit as well. People won't be building 50 of them anyway, they are not cheap

Right now I see that limit as a 10 storage specific container limit. The sentry actually does something. At this point you should ban rain barrels and fuel reserved because they "store" water and fuel.

I also am wondering if placing storage containers in/on your vehicle's count towards the limit since they are not a base.

Thanks for your help staff, it's good to know what the boundaries are so I don't happen to be breaking a rule.

5. Storages on vehicles still count toward your storage count, stop trying to look for loopholes. We've had so many people doing this for so long and when their base gets cleared for violating these rules, they'd complain. You don't need 3 wardrobes of scrap metal, rope, glue, and wires.

rain barrels, fuel tanks, water tanks don't count toward storage since they have a different method of "storing" their respective contents. However, build it excessively and you won't have a base to get home to the next time you /home. It depends on the demo staff clearing it but if you play safe and stick to less than 5, I'm pretty sure they wont touch it.

tl;dr
    10 storage per group, not per base, nor is it per person (unless you play alone)
    if it doesnt store candy bars, you may build it w/o it adding to your storage count
    build stuff from the barricades file excessively = base gone

if you have any concerns regarding your current base, its always better to ask mods to check it out

much better than the demo team "checking" it out for you

6. Please.

7. I am not looking for loopholes, I simply see evryone do this and it seems nothing happens. I just want sentries because I almost got raided while I left my base to loot a feast, if I had a sentry or two installed, those people whould have had a very hard time trying to blow up my home while I am gone. I should be able to place a reasonable amount of sentries and you guys can come onto servers and check if I stored glue and cloth or other crap in them. Im not trying to bend rules with the sentry guys. I legitametly need and want sentries defending my base but "oh no, I am making loopholes and breaking rules".

and maybe you guys should actually come check my base out because it sounds like you just made up a rule on the fly about "10 storage per group, not per base" as I have never seen or heard that on the server. make a solid list of rules on this website or something because it seems like you guys just make rules as you go and expect all players to assume the proper rules. Just how I see it as a player reading this stuff and participating on the server.

8. the 10 storage rule has been in place since march or may (i can't remember), you can actually search for it

its been on forums ever since, and its being broadcasted by the server to players in w/e jph server they play

also, staff dont have time to watch every single player if they put glue in their sentries, just stick to wardrobes for storage and hide your base well

@Hank Hill made a thread about it before and i made a shortened version of it but i can't find it to link it to you instead

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.