3.17.5.0 Update Notes

Discussion in 'General' started by Cory, Nov 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BattlEye Anti-Cheat:

[​IMG]

Bastian [the creator of BattlEye] and I have been back and forth about integrating it for absolutely ages, and today I'm very happy to say BattlEye starts a trial run in Unturned! Because of how Unturned cheats work it should be able to completely block them, meaning all servers running BattlEye are cheater free!

The trial run will last a month where we'll be making sure it's effective, fixing any issues related to it and getting an idea of the average traffic to BattlEye's backend servers. Basically the monthly pricing is dependant on how much of that traffic there is, so fair warning: it might become a Gold Server only feature.

Most of my time this week went into debugging Unturned BattlEye [First Unity/C# game using it!] so there's not much new content, but as a result I'm relatively confident it's stable.

Serverside modules/plugins [e.g. RocketMod] should be compatible, but if you want you can disable BattlEye on your server by setting BattlEye_Secure to false in Config.json. Clientside modules, however, require that you select the alternative launch option in Steam "Play without BattlEye" because clientside modules can be used as cheats.

Note: You might need to restart Steam to get the new launch options!

Update Notes:

Additions:
    • Added BattlEye Anti-Cheat.
    • Added new input/output/command window. [Default Tilde]
    • Added option for player to displace grass, useful when sniping prone.
    • Added toggle to Modules menu to initialize/shutdown code and disable loading.
    Tweaks:
    • Tweaked +secure/+insecure startup to instead use +internetserver, moved VAC toggle to Config.json server section beside BattlEye toggle.
    • Tweaked Log command to take 4th argument to display BattlEye info.
    Fixes:
    • Fixed Nightvision Scope to have separate skybox reflections.
    • Fixed parking lot lines visible through apartment floor in Moscow.
    • Fixed unexpected configs crashing stuck loading workshop assets.
    • Fixed fog on forward rendering heightblend terrain add pass.
    • Fixed selection outlines not showing up in forward mode.
    • Fixed Masterkey skins applying to Hawkhound in-game.
    • Fixed inspecting Blowtorch/Chainsaw while using.
    • Fixed respawning on obstructed bedrolls.
    • Fixed sun/moon/stars intersecting terrain.
    • Fixed unnecessary windy foliage keyword.
    • Fixed Mad Scientist Top missing front of gloves.
    Terminal:

To start experimenting with the Unity 5 UI system [which I want to use for the editor upgrade] I added a terminal window which can be opened by pressing Tilde [~]. Let me know what you think of this graphics style! Right now the only thing it's really useful for is requesting serverside BattlEye logs with sv.request_battleye_logs, but in the future I want to move all commands/input/output into it. For example, "give eagle" would do this nice popup filtering item names that start with "eagle".

Continue reading...

• Like Like x 1
  2. Big up Nelson

3. #3 Thornhip, Nov 11, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
    Am I the only one worried about third party code?

As much as I am for "hacker protection" this is killing all performance on my brother's PC making the game unplayable. My system (about a year old) is barely getting half the frame rare in world (44 vs 90's), and as low as 8 while in an inventory or settings. Even reducing the settings does not fix this, And I've been running at mostly ultra for a long time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Yeah apparently a lot of people are having similar problems with it, I have yet to login in fear of what I may see.

5. Try again.

6. #6 Karly Bones, Nov 12, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
    Ohhh, there was a hotfix!! Brilliant!

7. umm. i hate this BattlEye Anti-Cheat because for one, its not doing a thing people still shoot through a wall, prone run stupidly fast, and get invisible, and two, the entire server complained that since I was forced to download it on my server, it slowed them down and they couldnt do what they exactly want.

8. With the battleye update, how do Elite members redeem their donation rewards?

9. BattlEye has nothing to do with kits.

10. The slowdowns have fixed themselves with hot fixes, cool, but I am still weary of Battle-Eye. Any third-party code has a chance to opening up exploits on the system running it. While I see their intentions as noble, I don't like how much power it opens up for exploiters. I don't like any software that has the potential to BOT my computer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Fair enough, but I still want to know how I would redeem my kits with the newest update. apparently, I have no kits available.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.